Cheesy Ham and Rice
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cup ham, cooked and cut in julienne strips (tenderized ham or Virginia ham)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cup cooked rice
1. Saute green pepper, celery and onion in butter over low heat until tender. Blend in flour. Add milk and cook until sauce is thick and smooth, stirring constantly. Add cheese and heat until melted, stirring constantly again. Add ham, mustard, garlic powder, red pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over cooked rice. preparation time: 30 minutes. Serve in a chafing dish. Serves 6. Great for a buffet; easy to do ahead.
Courtesy of: Classmate Evie Conpropst Cleckner
Cheesy Ham and Rice - Scrumptious main dish featuring cooked and sliced Virginia ham, cooked rice, green pepper, celery, onion and grated sharp cheddar cheese.