Edwards' Breakfast Casserole
- 6 to 8 slices firm white bread
- 4 eggs
- 6 to 8 Edwards' country smoked sausage links
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
1. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Slice sausages in 1/8-inch thick circles or coins. Saute in an ungreased frying pan for 2 to 4 minutes. Drain well. Trim crusts from bread and fit into bottom of dish. Distribute sausage over bread. Place eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and milk in blender and blend well. Spread cheeses over sausage and cover with milk mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serves 6.
2. Note: Soft textured bread should not be used in this recipe. This is an excellent brunch dish. A relaxing breakfast for the whole family.
Courtesy of: S. Wallace Edwards and Sons, Inc.
Edwards' Breakfast Casserole - Highlight of this fantastic breakfast casserole is 1/8-inch sausage link coins, plus eggs, white bread, milk, sharp cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese and Worchester sauce.