Edwards' Seafood Chowder
- 6 strips Edwards' hickory smoked Virginia Bacon
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 1/2 to 3 cup diced potatoes (approx. 3 lg potatoes)
- 2 cup water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 12 to 16 ounce fresh or frozen fish fillets, thawed (sole, flounder, cod or haddock)
- 1 (10 to 15 oz.) can condensed New England clam chowder
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Ground pepper (for garnish)
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
1. Cook bacon, drain and reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute celery and onion in bacon drippings; add potatoes, 2 cups water and bouillon cubes. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are done. Add bacon and fish and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except ground pepper and parsley. Simmer for 10 minutes. DO NOT BOIL. Garnish with pepper and parsley.
2. Note: can be prepared 1 day ahead and reheated gently. Do not boil. Double recipe and serve to a crowd. Serve with hard rolls and a green salad for a delicious supper!
Courtesy of: S. Wallace Edwards & Sons, Inc.
Edwards' Seafood Chowder - From chunks of sole, flounder, cod or haddock, strips of hickory-smoked bacon, diced potatoes and other delights come this terrific chowder