1. Blanch heirloom tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds. Submerge in ice water to stop cooking. Remove skin.
2. Remove the boiling water from heat and allow it to cool to 180 degrees F.
3. Cut the mozzarella cheese curd into small cubes and place in the water. Allow cheese to warm through and start to melt.
4. Remove cheese from water and place on board. Knead it as you do bread dough to soften. Pat into rectangle shape.
5. Lay ham slices on top of mozzarella. Roll and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Cut into 1 inch slices and place on plate in circle, leaving room in the center for tomatoes.
6. Cut heirloom tomatoes and cherry tomatoes into bite-sized pieces. Mix tomatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place tomato mixture in center of mozzarella slices.
7. Tear fresh basil and add as a garnish on the tomatoes.
8. You may view the instructional video below.
Professional chef demonstrates in video how to combine fresh mozzarella cheese and Edwards Virginia Country Ham into delightful appetizer