Edwards' Hickory Smoked Ham and Rice
- 1 cup raw rice (do not use quick-cooking rice)
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 3/4 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- 3 to 4 celery, chopped
- 3 to 4 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup ground Edwards' Virginia ham
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
1. Cook rice by package directions; set aside. Heat corn oil in large skillet. Add onions, celery and green pepper; cook over medium heat until golden and slightly tender. Do not overcook. Add rice, ham, paprika and pepper. Cook until nicely browned. Add parsley and cook additional minute. Place on serving plate and garnish with parsley sprigs and minced green onions. Serves 6.
Courtesy of: Vonnie B. Edwards
Edwards' Hickory Smoked Ham and Rice - Delightful main dish featuring ground Virginia ham, plus rice, green onions, chopped green pepper and celery,cracked pepper and parsley.