- 1 tall (52 oz.) can baked beans
- 1 sm. onion, minced
- 2 slices Edwards' bacon, chopped in pieces
- 1/2 box light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 to 6 slices Edwards' bacon (to lay on top of beans)
- 4 hot dogs, chopped in chunks (opt.)
1. Saute onions with bacon. Mix with other ingredients including bacon drippings. Put into a 13 x 9-inch pan. Lay strips of bacon over top. bake in oven at 325 degrees. Usually in oven for about 1 hour.
Courtesy of: Vonnie Beaver Edwards
Baked Beans - Edwards family recipe includes chopped smoked bacon, beans, onion, light brown sugar and 4-6 bacon slices.