- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cup chopped Edwards' country ham
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes or fresh onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half & half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (opt)
1. In bottom of pie crust, sprinkle cheese, then ham and onion flakes. Combine eggs, cream and seasonings. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in the pie shell. (sprinkle almonds on top if desired.) Bake in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6.
Courtesy of: June B. Edwards
Ham Quiche - Delicious quiche with a country twist includes chopped Virginia ham, eggs, onions, cream and shredded Swiss cheese.