Selecting Shipping Method & Charges
To help save you money on freight, we've invested in a new software system that accurately calculates shipping costs for your order from our smokehouses to your delivery address(es). Here's how easy it is to use:
In Step 2 of checkout process, you choose preferred shipping method & shipping charges for your order. Start by selecting Ship It Now or Ship It Later option.
1) If you choose Ship It Now, click on dropdown box to view available shipping methods and select your preference. Estimated arrival date and shipping charge will appear in display box.
2) If you choose Ship It Later, click on dropdown box to select desired shipping month. Then, click on Schedule a delivery date link with calendar icon. A calendar appears with dates in yellow boxes indicating available arrival dates. Move your cursor over these boxes to view available shipping methods and shipping charge. Select your preference & click appropriate radio button.
For estimated transit times of UPS Ground shipments, refer to color-coded map below.
UPS Ground Transit Days Map
4 Easy Ways To Order
1. Online – Use our convenient online shopping cart to select and order the Virginia Traditions items of your choice. A valid MasterCard, Visa or American Express credit card is required to order online.
2. By Phone – Call Toll-Free 1-800-222-4267 at your convenience...24 hours a day, every day. Please have your credit card handy when you call.
3. By Fax – Just complete the handy Order Form (catalog page 16) or print a copy from our homepage at VirginiaTraditions.com and transmit 24 hours a day via 1-757-294-5378. Please do not confirm phone or fax orders by mail. This may result in duplication of your order.
4. By Mail – Please make your check payable to S. Wallace Edwards & Sons, Inc. Complete Order From (catalog page 16) or print a copy from our homepage at VirginiaTraditions.com and mail with check in envelope to: Virginia Traditions, P.O. Box 25, Surry, VA 23883. Please allow two weekS for order shipment.
Perishable Item Shipping
Many of our most popular items are flash-frozen and perishable. These items are identified on this site with and symbols. To deliver these items to you safely, they must arrive at their destination within 2 days during the winter and within 1 day during the summer. If the shipping address is beyond a 1 or 2 day Ground transit time, you must choose UPS 2nd Day Air or Next Day Air delivery at a higher cost than standard ground shipping. You can see the UPS Ground transit times by state by viewing the map below. The summer delivery schedule that requires a 1-day delivery for highly perishable products is typically April through October.
Shipping & Handling Charges
We've installed a state-of-the-art system that accurately calculates shipping cost of your order at the lowest possible level. Calculations are based on economical ground shipping where possible, or 2nd Day/Next Day Air when necessary for shipping perishable or semi-perishable products. Shipping & handling charges are based on the destination zip code you enter during the checkout process. Calculated shipping charges appear in your shop cart during checkout.
Shipping Address Accuracy
While we're proud to guarantee the quality of our products, we cannot guarantee items lost or spoiled due to inaccurate, incomplete or out of date shipping information provided to us.
Please enter your personal gift greeting in space provided during checkout. Your gift message will be printed on the packing slip enclosed with your gift (no product pricing shown).
Please don't be concerned if you don't receive all the items you ordered in a single shipment. To ship your products at the lowest possible cost, we sometimes ship items separately.
Guarantee of Satisfaction
We're proud of the quality of our products and our customers' satisfaction. You must be fully satisfied with your purchase, or we'll cheerfully exchange the product, issue a credit for merchandise value or refund your payment. Please contact us within 14 days of receiving your shipment for return instructions.
Due to heavy seasonal demand, we occasionally find it necessary to substitute similar items of equal or greater value.
Virginia Sales Tax
In the cases of Virginia residents ordering items for shipment anywhere -- and non-Virginia residents sending gifts to Virginia -- Virginia state sales tax amounting to 2.5% of merchandise value will be added during checkout.
UPS Ground Transit Days Map